• Divorce Lawyers

    If you are married and the marriage has broken down then we can help you with your rights and responsibilities. We can prepare your Divorce Application for you and appear on your behalf at court (if there are children under 18).
    The procedure can be at times difficult to understand so we would be happy to take care of it all on your behalf.
    The parties need to be separated for a minimum of 12 months before you can apply for divorce. Also, in order for a Divorce to be granted in Australia then at least one party needs to be living here. It is not necessary that you were married in Australia. If you were married overseas then you may still be eligible to Divorce here as long as you are living in Australia and intending to stay here indefinitely. There are also other factors that need to be considered, we can advise you of those when you come in and see us.
    Make an appointment today with one of our Solicitors and we can also give you some advice about Property Settlement matters at the same time. We offer FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS in all matters including Divorces.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Property Settlement

    If your Marriage or De Facto relationship has broken down and there is property involved then these matters need to be settled within certain time limits. If you were married then you only have 12 months from the date of Divorce to institute Property Settlement proceedings.
    If you need to do property settlement outside of this time then you may still be given leave to by the court, however a good reason for the delay must be provided.
    Many Property settlement matters can be settled by negotiation between the Lawyers for the parties, or by Mediation. We would certainly do our utmost to settle the matter for you without having to go to the expense, and at time unpleasant process, of going to Court.
    Our Solicitors are skilled and experienced negotiators and we would seek to get the best possible financial result for you.
    If the matter cannot be settled through negotiation then it may proceed to the courts where we will fight for you before a Judge. We understand that you may not have financial resources until the property settlement is finalised, so we offer our clients the option, in some circumstances, to pay upon final settlement of the matter.
    This will take the pressure off you and allow you to think about the more important problems in your life than Lawyers bills!
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Recovery Orders

    If your child has been taken out of your care by the other Parent without your permission and they are refusing to return them then you may need to make an Application to the Federal Circuit Court or the
Family Court to have them returned to you. There are many factors taken into account by the court.
    If successful, the Australia Federal Police will be called upon to locate the other parent and the child and return the child to you.
    Many factors need to be taken into account by the court when considering this, very serious, situation.
    Our Lawyers are skilled at presenting your case to the Court in the best possible light to give you the best chance at having your child returned safely into your care. We understand that this can be a very worrying time for a parent.
    We will be here to help you and if need be we will work outside of hours and on weekends to ensure that your child is returned to your care as soon as possible.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602

  • Relocation Applications

    If you have children and wish to relocate with them a long distance from their other parent, who is not agreeable to this, then you need to apply to the court for permission to do so.
    We can advise you on the factors considered in Relocation, prepare the Application material for you and present it to the court on your behalf. This can be a difficult area of law.
    If you move unilaterally, without the agreement of the other parent, then you may find that the court will Order you back to where you used to live or, alternatively, order the child to be returned to the other parent.
    This can be very costly if you have already purchased or signed a lease for your new home. To avoid these costs it would be prudent that you get some advice on this sometimes difficult matter.
    Our Lawyers are available for an appointment today!
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Children’s Issues

    If the relationship has broken down between yourself and the other parent of a child then you may need some assistance and advice as to how to organise with whom the children will live and how much time will be spent with the other parent. Alternatively, you may be seeking a shared care or 50/50 type arrangement.
    These issues can be hard for the parties and due to the raw emotion that is involved with family break down and issues surrounding children, it may be best to have a Lawyer acting on your behalf.
    We understand that this is a difficult time for you and our Solicitors are available to talk to you in an understanding and compassionate manner whenever needed. In some firms you cannot speak to a Solicitor, instead you are always speaking to a secretary or receptionist, this is not the case with our Solicitors. If you need help, we’re here for you.
    If at all possible we would like to avoid matters going before the court. Our Lawyers are skilled negotiators and would always prefer to amicably and quickly facilitate an agreement between the parties, in a cost effective manner, as to what agreement will be put in place concerning the time that each parent will spend with a child, or children.
    If an agreement is reached then that agreement can be filed with the Court as ‘Consent Orders’ under the Family Law Act. This gives both parties security and peace of mind that there is an Order in place, that
both parties must abide by. Breaching of Court Orders (even made by consent) is seen as very serious by the Family Courts and is acted upon accordingly.
    In our Children’s Issues agreements there is always scope that after the agreement or Consent orders are made the parties can agree upon whatever they like however, if agreement cannot be reached then they have the Consent Orders as a fallback position. Alternatively, if agreement cannot be reached then our Lawyers are skilled in All Family Law matters and will represent you to the best of our abilities in the Federal Circuit Court or the Family Court of Australia.
    If there are significant issues in the matter then an Independent Children’s Lawyer (ICL) may be appointed by the court. ICL’s have significant powers of investigation and serve to guide the Court as an independent voice.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Drink Driving & Drug Driving

    If you are caught by Police with Drugs in your system or with a BAC of over 0.05 for open licence, or a BAC of over 0.00 for Provisional licence holders then you will lose your licence for a period.
    Many factors are taken into account by the Courts for Drink Driving and Drug Driving offences such as age, driving history, employment situation and personal character. We will help you to present your case to the court in the best possible light. Our Gold Coast Lawyers have many years experience in this area.
    Police can now test for the presence of Marijuana, Speed, Ice and Ecstasy. This is done via a saliva swap. There is an initial swab by the roadside and then a more comprehensive swab.
    If you return a positive result you will be disqualified for a period of up to 9 months for a first offence, with fines up to $1200. If you have a history of Drink or Drug driving, then the penalties can be significantly higher.
    Our Lawyers can give you advice as to your options, your likely length of suspension and what you can do to improve the result. We can also appear on your behalf at Court to try and help you receive the best
result possible.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Demerit Point Suspension

    If you lose 12 demerit points in a 3 year period then you will lose your license. However you will be given an option by Qld Transport that either a) you lose your licence for a period of time (3 months if less than 15 point accumulated) or b) you agree to go on to a “Good Driver Behaviour” period.
    This means that you will be given 1 demerit point for a 12 month period. If you accumulate 2 or more points in that period you will lose your licence double the original period if you had chosen option a).
    Come and see our Lawyers on the Gold Coast for advice.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Drive whilst Licence Cancelled / Suspended / Disqualified

    If your licence has been suspended, cancelled or disqualified and you are caught driving in that period then this is a very serious charge you could be facing a very large period of suspension and high fines or
even jail time!
    Depending on the circumstances, you could be facing a minimum 2 years suspension and if you have a record of these offences the court may sentence you to time in jail.
    Come and see us for advice and guidance in this area. Our Solicitors deal with unlicensed driving offences regularly and can offer you advice that will allow you to receive the best possible result!
    It is important that you get representation in these matters due to the seriousness way that the court looks at these offences.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Careless / Negligent Driving

    If you have been charged with Carless or Negligent Driving then give us a call. The penalties for these offences can be high.
    We will provide you with advice as to how best to proceed, after speaking with you about the circumstance of the offence.
    It may be in your best interests to fight the charges at a hearing or to Plead Guilty.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Dangerous Driving

    Dangerous Driving is a very serious offence and the first offence comes with a maximum sentence of 6 months in jail!
    You may have Defences available to you, so come in a and speak to one of our Lawyers today to explore your options.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Special Hardship Licence Applications

    If you have had your licence suspended due to ademerit point accumulation and have chosen a good driving behavior, but have accumulated 2 demerit points in that 12 month period then you May be eligible
for a Special Hardship Licence.
    This is where the court grants you a licence with certain restrictions such as times that you can drive, reason that you can drive and even routes that you can drive on.
    The licence may be granted by the court on the basis that due to your personal circumstances you will suffer hardship if your licence is taken away from you.
    There are factors that need to be taken into account also such as your character, your driving history and the reasons that you would suffer hardship but you can find out all that by talking to one of our solicitors.
    We need to convince the court that you are a fit and proper person to continue to remain on the road, this can sometimes be quite hard. We are more than happy to explain the process to you, just make an appointment with one of our Lawyers today!
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Work Licence Applications

    If you have been caught Drink Driving (DUI) then you May be eligible for a Work Licence. A Work Licence allows you to continue driving but only for Work Purposes, and only under restrictions that are place on
the Work Licence by the court.
    There are various matters taken into account such as previous drink driving, Driving history, character and your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) reading at the time of your offence.
    Our Lawyers can advise you on your eligibility and prepare the Application and Affidavit material on your behalf, and get you the best result possible!
    Please call today 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Criminal Law

    Common Criminal Legal Questions
You have the right to telephone a friend, a relative or a solicitor of your choice.
This does not happen automatically. If you haven’t been given Bail then you or a friend or relative should contact a solicitor immediately so that on your first appearance before the court a Bail Application can be made on your behalf.
    This can be complicated and involve many factors to be presented to the court to have the best chance of
ensuring your release until your matter is dealt with by the court.
Do not say anything, make any statements or answer any questions without speaking to a solicitor.
You must tell the police your name, address and telephone number but do not tell them anything further without advice from your solicitor.
Contact a solicitor first to ensure your rights are protected!
We specialise in all aspects of criminal law and can advise and represent you regarding:
    * Arrests
    * Assault / Assaults Occasioning Bodily Harm
    * Break & Enter
    * Australian Crime Commission / Crime & Misconduct Commission summonses
    * Domestic Violence Applications and Responses
    * Drug Charges / possession and supply
    * Fraud / including Centrelink fraud
    * Grievous Bodily Harm
    * Juvenile Appearances
    * Obscene Behaviour
    * Obstruct Police / Assault Police
    * Parole and Probation Breaches
    * Public Nuisance
    * Robbery
    * Sexual Offences / Assaults
    * Theft / Stealing
    * Weapons Offences
    * Wilful Damage / Arson
    We can also represent you in Parole Applications/Appeals– if you have been imprisoned you will not automatically get paroled on your parole date, you need professional advice and representation in making
your Parole Application to have the best chance of being given Parole.
    We appear in court daily and can represent you in the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court for mentions, committal hearings, trials and sentencing.
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.

  • Personal Injury

    Need a Lawyer or Solicitor due to a personal injury?
Have you been injured:-
    * In a Motor Vehicle accident that was not your fault (even if your partner was at fault)?
    * At your place of Work?
    * Due to an Assault?
    * Other accident that has caused you Injury?
Then you are entitled to damages! These can sometimes be quite substantial are designed to compensate you for many area’s of your life that you have suffered as a result of the accident. Your compensation is governed by the Civil Liability Act 2003
You may be eligible for:-
- General Damages – These are to compensate you for the “Pain and Suffering” that is caused by the event, and also the resulting loss of your ability to enjoy life to the fullest.
- Out-of-Pocket expenses – these are the costs that you have had to pay for Doctors, Medication and travelling to appointments. You may be compensated for these things both already paid and that you would have to pay for the rest of your life.
- Economic Loss – This is compensation for both the loss you have suffered due to time off work already, as well as an amount for time off work into the future. These can often be quite substantial if as a result of your injury you can no longer work in your trade or profession.
- Care – This is compensation for the fact that as a result of your injuries you may no longer be able to perform your usual duties around the house. This too can be quite substantial in your claim.
Please call us for a free initial consultation. A Lawyer will sit down with you and discuss any questions and concerns you have and provide guidance as to where to go from here. We operate on a “No Win, No Fee” basis in Personal Injury claims so if you do not receive compensation, then you don’t have to pay us a cent!
    Please call today on 1300 008 602 for a free initial consultation.